Covid 19 is changing the way we work and interact. At HomesInTheCapital, we are still working to serve your real estate needs. To keep everyone safe, we are making the following changes:
- Following Health Canada recommendations for cleanliness and contact.
- Elimination of handshakes and hugs – we will store up the hugs for later.
- Regular handwashing with soap and water or use of hand sanitizer or alcohol wipes.
- Maintaining a safe social distancing buffer when with clients.
- Enhanced use of technology – phone, video, DocuSign, email, text, etc. to communicate with clients. We can do lots without being face-to-face.
- Discontinuing transport of clients in our personal vehicles.
- We will ask if you have been travelling outside of Canada. Please answer honestly. If you have returned to Canada from anywhere else, including the USA, in the last 14 days, please self-isolate for 14 days.
We have many clients in the middle to selling or buying a home at this time. To facilitate a safe working environment, we request the following:
- Please arrive at showings with gloves or hand sanitizer.
- Wear gloves during the showing.
- During showings, please do not touch anything in the sellers’ home. We will leave the lights as we found them.
- Please do not use the washroom in the sellers’ home.
- Please wash your hands following any showings.
- Buyers only permitted at the showings. Please refrain from bringing children, elderly or sick individuals.
- Offer meetings will be done remotely with Zoom, Skype, FaceBook Live or similar, with DocuSign for signing.
- Inspections will be handled similarly to showings.
- No open houses at this time.
- No overlapping showings will be permitted.
- Please leave the lights on.
- After showings, please wear gloves and wipe down light switches, door and cabinet handles, and countertops and bathrooms. Please use gloves to empty any garbage.
- The paper features sheets are discontinued. An electronic version of the feature sheet will be attached to the MLS listing for the agents and buyers.
- If you are planning to list, extra precautions will be required for a ‘first look’ at your home to establish a market value for the listing.
- Listing meetings will be done remotely with Zoom, Skype, FaceBook Live or similar, with DocuSign for signing.
- Staging and home photographer resources are limited at this time. Please plan to be away from your home for these activities.
- Offer presentations will be done remotely with Zoom, Skype, FaceBook Live or similar, with DocuSign for signing.
- Final walkthroughs and closing visits will be done with the same precautions as showings.
- Keys will be left in a lockbox on the property. The seller’s agent will provide the code to the buyer’s lawyer after the transfer of title, and the buyer’s lawyer will provide the code to the buyer or the buyer’s agent for access to the keys and the property.
Please note the availability of stagers, photographers, inspectors, movers, tradespeople, and lawyers will fluctuate for some time to come. Please be patient and open to alternative solutions. We are all in this together.
The RE/MAX Affiliates offices are closed to clients and the public at this time.
If you have any concerns or questions, please let us know.
Margaret & Theresa